Tata’s new plan- STD calls at 30 paisa

Tata Teleservices Ltd launched an aggressive tariff plan for pre-paid subscribers of its CDMA brand Tata Indicom. As per this scheme the STD rate at 30 paisa/minute across networks for 600 minutes in 30 days i.e 1 month. Almost all the network operators are charging 50 paisa/ minute. This will make more new subscribers for Tata those who make frequent STD calls.
Sanjeev Khera, chief operating officer - Karnataka regional head - south, TTSL said the new plan, Ulta, was aimed at increasing STD callings and pushing up its market share. Now Tata Indicom currently earns just 20% of its voice revenues from STD calls. The rest 80% comes from local calls.
“We expect a substantial leap in STD callings through this plan. It will also help us expand in new markets,” said Khera.